We have continued to make improvements to our School Bus Service for the Academic Year of 2020-21. Our bus prices are comparable to train fares, routes have been enhanced and the free Late Bus Service option remains available for all children subscribed to our buses! We have also concentrated our efforts on improving the Shuttle Bus service to the Junior School. Please find full details of the changes we have made below including the COVID secure measures that we have put in place to mitigate the risk of the transmission of COVID-19.
Any child who is self-isolating, showing any symptoms of coronavirus or is otherwise unwell should not travel on the buses or visit the school site for any reason.
It is essential that you supply your own children with their own face coverings, which are to be worn at all times whilst on the bus. The students must then put their face coverings away before entering school buildings; they should store them in a re-sealable plastic bag or Tupperware box container the same place each day, so that they are not mislaid during the school day. Unfortunately, we cannot allow any student to travel without a face covering. Hand sanitiser will also be available on the coaches however the expectation is that students will bring and use their own. All vehicles will carry out robust cleaning regimes before and after each journey.
Preventative measures for vehicles (coaches) will include:
- Touch point sanitation after every individual transfer.
- Electrostatic spraying of vehicles nightly, with a solution proven to kill Coronavirus as well as many other germs and viruses.
- Daily regular deep cleaning throughout the vehicle.
- Additional signage has been fitted to the vehicles to remind people of ways to avoid the spreading of germs and also advice on when not to travel.
Drivers - All drivers are supplied with fresh clean PPE by their companies.
Preventative measures for coach journeys will include:
- Dedicated coaches for each route carrying “consistent groups” of students – no mixing with other groups of students.
- Ad-hoc journeys are prohibited.
- Individual seat allocation within year groups.