St George's Weybridge Parents' Association
The St George’s Weybridge Parents’ Association consists of up to 25 elected members, both mums and dads, from the College and Junior School parent community. Our primary role is to raise funds to purchase items that will enhance the Georgian experience for our children, both in and out of the classroom, and to develop effective relationships between the staff, parents, Josephite Community, and others associated with the School.
- We engage in fundraising activities throughout the year such as Fireworks Night, Christmas Market, Quiz Nights, Summer Fete and the Summer Ball to name a few.
- All money raised from these events is donated to the school according to requests received from staff, parents and students which are put to a committee vote before funds are dispersed. Please contact Mr Hudson, Mrs Owens or Mr Cole if you have an idea for how our funds can be used within the schools.
- Recent PA purchases include:
- £100,000 Climbing Wall for the new Activity Centre at the College
- Printing press for Art Department at the Junior School
- Gym Equipment for the College Sports Department
- Outdoor Trim Trail for the Junior School
- Bookcase for the JS Library
- Display case in the Biology Department to house a microscope which once belonged to Joseph Lister
- Robotics kits for Computing Clubs
- You will see us at various sports events providing hot and cold drinks as well as snacks to both parents and students.
- We facilitate Link Mums at the Junior School and Class Reps at the College to involve parents in social events.
- We co-ordinate Classlist, the online parent community, which allows you to communicate with each other by class or year group, and also allows us to notify you of information and events.
- The Second Hand Shop is run by a group of PA members and volunteers on a Thursday afternoon between 2:30pm and 4:30pm as well as on the first morning of every Term and a couple of Saturdays through the Summer holidays.
- The annual family subscription of just £5 funds administrative costs, which enables the Association to run smoothly. This is added to your Christmas term fee invoice.
- As well as attending our events, you may also want to volunteer to help at one, or even become a Committee member. If you are interested in getting involved, please send an email to: PASGW@stgeorgesweybridge.com
Facebook: St George's Weybridge Parents' Association
Val Banks & Georgina McCracken, Co-Chairs, SGW Parents’ Association
For the latest Parents' Association AGM meeting minutes, please click here.